£47.4k per year
0333 222 5978
3 months ago
Monday night to Thursday night 4 x 12 hour shifts 6pm - 6am
Salary = £47,400 Per Annum + Joining bonus of £3,000
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It's why we're looking for someone who sees the world in a similar way to take up an exciting HGV technician role in our Ferryhill team.
Because of our responsibility when it comes to leading change, resourcing takes every single one of us, and this is how you can play your part. And if you're looking to go further whilst making a real impact, this role will suit you perfectly.
It doesn't matter if you're looking to overhaul the industry, or just do a good day's work. We know that you can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
What will you be doing?
● Required to attend roadside breakdowns and able to work as part of a team
● Repairs to all types of vehicles, plant, and any other work to do with the
● Required to perform any duties deemed necessary by your supervisor,
ensuring that current standards are maintained, utilising both internal and
● All workshop tools, personal tools, and welding equipment must be secured
and where possible locked away each night. Welding and electrical
equipment should be turned off and left in a safe condition when not in use.
● Required to fill in a daily worksheet/timesheet individual job cards, legal
documentation such as safety inspection sheets for vehicle and body
equipment, and plant maintenance each day, completed forms must be
given to your supervisor before the end of your shift.
● To be aware of your obligations under the Health and Safety at work Act,
1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in your place of work as
● Perform duties in an efficient and effective manner that will ensure
maximum productivity. Ensure that the task is completed to schedule. Any
discrepancies are to be reported immediately to your supervisor.
What are we looking for?
● Five years of practical experience and apprentice trained, time served as a mechanical
● Hold a current driving licence, (LGV desired but not essential).
● Efficient in the following tasks; Subject to an LGV Driver licence qualification; Taking
vehicles for M.O.T testing; Mechanical; Pneumatic; Welding; Hydraulics.
● Able to work on your own initiative.
● Expected to supply your own comprehensive tool kit.
So alongside your salary or hourly rate you will receive 22 days holiday (increasing with time served) and an extensive benefits package which includes our People's Pension, alongside a range of employee discounts. Also to help you further, we provide mental health and financial support, so you can lean on us whenever you need to.