£30k - 34k per year
23 days ago
Basic Salary – £30,000 - £34,000
Working Hours – Full Time
Location - Watford
Our client is seeking a Workshop Controller who understands the demands of running a workshop and can meet the high standards that this position brings. You will possess the skills to be organised and the ability to engage and motivate Vehicle Technicians.
Responsibilities of a Workshop Controller
- Liaise daily with the Service Department and be on hand to answer any queries from other departments.
- Incoming work is planned as well as managing the time and resource of your team.
- Assign technicians to tasks ensuring productivity is maximised and that deadlines are adhered to.
- Performance management, coaching and development of the team.
- Quality checking, ordering of parts, audits and compliance with all health and safety regulations.
The Workshop Controller must have strong technical knowledge, be computer literate and be able to work efficiently under pressure ensuring customers cars are completed within agreed time scales.
Skills and Qualifications of a Workshop Controller
- Must be able to run a productive workshop
- Experience of managing a team of Vehicle Technicians or Mechanics
- Must be able to identify problems within the workshop and understand how to fix them
- Must have a CAN-DO attitude with the ability to prioritise / organise work to ensure the workshop runs smoothly
- Strong communication is ESSENTIAL - you are the central person who service, parts and technicians will report too and therefore must be able to give quick solutions to any issues.
Please contact Kirk Kilgallon @ Auto Skills or send CV to email@example.com
Or Call - 0333 222 5978 (mobile friendly)