£45k - 50k per year
0333 333 5978
19 days ago
Job Role: HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic
Contract Type: Full time / Permanent vacancy
Depot Location: Cardiff
Shift Pattern: Early / Late rotation - 07:00 - 15:30 Monday - Friday Week one / 14:00 - 22:30 Monday - Friday Week Two
Financial package: £17.00 per hour basic rate, overtime paid at £25.50 per hour - Yearly earnings in the region of £45,000 - £50,000.
I am currently working in partnership with one of the UK's largest transport and logistics operators. At this time, they are actively looking to recruit an experienced HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic to work out of their state of the art workshop facility in Cardiff.
Working in an established team of HGV Technicians / HGV Mechanics, you will be required to undertake the following;
- Carry out thorough vehicle inspections in line with the 'O' licence requirements
- Carry out any repairs required that have been highlighted on the initial inspection
- General Servicing and MOT preparation
- Fault finding & diagnostics
- Updating all required paperwork / databases
The successful HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic will have the following attributes;
- Ideally holding full industry qualifications (L3 City & Guilds or NVQ).
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of Truck & Trailer Maintenance.
- A commercial licence would be a distinct advantage for isn't essential. Irtec certification would be a distinct advantage for this role, those without will receive training to obtain it
To make an application for this exciting role, make an application via this advert or alternatively, call Gary at Autoskills on 07552 367 840 for further information.