£42k - 48k per year
0333 333 5978
25 days ago
Job Role: Breakdown HGV Technician / HGV Mechanic
Depot Location: Alfreton, Derbyshire
Working Hours: 08:00 – 16:30 Week One
08:00 – 16:30 Week Two with out of hours call out to cover
Contract Type: Full time / Permanent role
Financial Package: £42,000 - £48,000
My client, a well-established HGV & Trailer maintenance business is actively seeking to employ an HGV Technician to work a day shift and cover call outs one week in two.
Working in an established team of HGV Technicians, you will be required to undertake the following;
- Carry out thorough vehicle inspections in line with the ‘O’ licence requirements
- Carry out any repairs required that have been highlighted on the initial inspection
- General Servicing and MOT preparation
- Fault finding & diagnostics
- Responding to vehicle breakdowns when on rota – £25 per day standby, £37.50 per call out and all hours being paid at time and half Monday – Saturday, double time on Sundays & Bank holidays.
- Updating all required paperwork / databases
The successful HGV Technician will have the following attributes;
- Ideally holding full industry qualifications (L3 City & Guilds or NVQ). However, my client will consider L2 qualified candidates with detailed experience in the industry.
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of Truck & Trailer Maintenance to include field service work.
- A commercial licence would be a distinct advantage for isn’t essential
To make an application for this exciting role, make an application via this advert or alternatively, call Gary at Autoskills on 03332225978 for further information.