Dependant on experience
0333 222 5978
3 months ago
Field Service Engineer -
Salary Dependant on experience
To repair or maintain: Tail lifts, lifting decks, winches and roller shutter doors. To travel to Customer’s sites, roadside situations or other premises as directed. Assessing breakdowns and quoting for or carrying out repairs as the Customer has requested.
Role and responsibility
• To respond to Controllers requests and travel to Customer’s sites or roadside situations to assess a breakdown, quote for or carry out repairs as the Customer has requested in an efficient manner.
• To make recommendations for major works – always ensuring unsafe equipment is clearly identified to the Customer.
• To complete tablet information fully, ensuring accuracy in recording all vehicle and job details.. This should include but not be limited to the following: Clocking on & off each individual job, recording / checking vehicle identification details, equipment details, recording works carried out and assessing cause of failure, listing all parts used with part numbers, attaching photo’s with every job etc. To also supply neat and accurate weekly timesheets to the office. Be able to use a smart phone and tablet. • Supplying engineers to our Customers at any time during the day or night is a large part of the business and the role of Mobile Engineers is to meet this requirement. Engineers will be required to provide an out-of-hours service to Customers in line with the location callout Rota’s. Overtime subsequent to normal shift in order to complete jobs will be expected, even if the work allocated is close to the end of the shift.
• Engineers will be expected to keep their vans neat, tidy and secure at all times, recognizing the value of the stock that it carries and the value of the tools supplied by the Company and the van itself. • Mobile Engineers are required to work in a safe and responsible manner recognizing the Company’s Health and Safety and Company Vehicle Procedures and their duty of care imposed by Health and Safety legislation.
• Undertake other duties which the Company may from time to time reasonably request
• Complies with all aspects of ISO 9001:2015 under your remit
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Desirable to be LOLER qualified and have knowledge of hydraulics.
• Basic education.
• Relevant experience required
• Mechanical fitting experience
• Good Communication skills
• Committed to Customer service, prepared to work flexible shifts including weekends and call outs at night.
• Hold current UK Driving Licence.
• Employs limited technical skill without direction
• To be aware of the effect of making errors and how it impacts on the Customer and loss of revenue to the Company.
• Requires limited authorization of Location Manager/Controller.
• No management responsibility. Range of relationships: Cross functional relationships, extensive Customer contact