£12.50 - 12.50 per hour
0333 222 5978
28 days ago
Great Opportunity for an Experienced Vehicle Bodywork Prepper
Salary: Basic up to £12.50ph (Umbrella / LTD rate) + O/T
Full time contract position
We currently have an opportunity for a Vehicle Prepper to join a busy workshop / prep centre in the Banbury area.
Our client is currently in need of a very experienced Vehicle Prepper to carry out high-quality repairs of their vehicles.
This position operates in our Bodyshop / prep centre reporting into the Production Manager. You will need a determination to deliver and exceed customer expectations by ensuring the vehicles are at the exceptional standard expected by our clients in a busy and often demanding environment.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Prepare vehicle components ready to be re-sprayed ensuring correct formulations, preparation methods, application sequence, timing and material use
- Ensure correct degreasing and cleaning materials are used
- Correct use of abrasive materials
- Remove corrosion
- Correct application and flatting of fillers and stoppers
- Mask repairs
- Primer application to areas that need to be treated
- Correct use of sealers
- Identify plastic repairs and refinishing and have product knowledge for plastic repairs, i.e. adhesion promoters, flexible additives, fillers and stoppers
- Assess and identify different finished coatings
- Identify rectification issues and report them to your line manager
- Quality control checks carried out on completion to ensure no defects on work
- Consistently utilise all required safety equipment and P.P.E.
- Relevant qualification i.e. ATA, NVQ, BTEC, City & Guilds
- Proven experience of delivering high quality finishes
- An ability to work as part of a team and maintain a positive working relationship with all members of staff
- An ability to keep up with a constant flow of work in a very fast paced environment
- An ability to meet targets and deadlines with accuracy
To be successfull in this role you will need plenty of self-motivation and good attention to detail.
To apply and for more details send your CV to Steve @ Autoskills-UK
Call: 07464 491 097