£16.50 - 16.50 per hour + Lots of overtime available
0333 333 5978
14 days ago
Job role: HGV Technician
Hourly rate: £16.50
Working hours: 05:00 - 13:00 / 14:00 - 22:00 - One week on each shift
Depot location: Tamworth, Staffordshire
Contract Type: Full time / Permanent vacancy
My client is actively looking to employ a Motivated and Enthusiastic HGV Technician at their depot location in Tamworth.
This is an opportunity for an HGV Technician to really make it their own position in helping to support the business in driving the business forward through supporting the workshop and the service team.
My client needs someone who is driven, with a strong work ethic and has proven experience in Truck repairs and supervising a team of engineers. In return you will work for a company that looks after its staff, have a fulfilling career with ongoing training and development.
The HGV Technician involves:
- Repairing Trucks in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current legislation.
- Routine vehicle maintenance to VOSA standards.
- Six weekly inspections.
- Preparation for MOT.
- Diagnosis of vehicles using computer based diagnostic equipment.
- Good housekeeping routines to meet H&S requirements.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed to a high standard.
- Utilise all Personal Protective Equipment as necessary.
- To communicate effectively with the Workshop supervisor / controller.
Required for this HGV Technician role:
- Qualification in vehicle maintenance and repair (preferably heavy vehicle) e.g. City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3, Level 2 also be considered)
- Driving License Class 1 and 2 is desirable
- Trailer experience
- Diagnostic experience
- Knowledge of DVSA legislation
- Must have own tools
To apply: send your CV via this advert or alternatively call Gary on 07552 367 840.
We are also looking for candidates with the following skill sets: HGV Technicians, LCV Technicians, MOT Testers, Service Advisers, Parts Advisers, Sales Executives and more
Auto Skills UK is recognized as the leading provider of temporary and permanent staffing solutions, from productive trades to senior management.
Our track record and in-depth understanding of the automotive world have earned us a unique position in the recruitment market place, which is both respected and highly regarded by senior management throughout the automotive industry.